Updated: 25 May 2018
‘SLK Mobility LIMITED’ is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. In this privacy statement, when we use the terms “we,” “us,” or “our,” we are referring to ‘SLK Mobility LIMITED’.
Please take time to read the following information carefully to help understand our practices in regards to the handling of your personal data and cookie usage.
By visiting and submitting information via this site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
Information that we collect
Forms & Google Analytics
We may collect the following information via Google Analytics and through form captures when you use this website:
- Details of how you interact with our service, such as search queries and navigational paths.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information – the date and time of your request, system activity, settings, browser language, browser used and referral URL.
- Cookies that may identify your browser and/or your Google Account.
- Information supplied in data capture forms.
We have a number of contact forms on our site. These are short forms that allow us to contact you regarding our services or mobility scooter batteries that you have enquired about purchasing or returning.
We will never contact you for any other reason than in relation to your order unless you have manually opted-in to further communications from us through joining our mailing list.
When contacting us or placing an order, we usually ask for the following personal information where applicable:
- Name (so we know what to call you)
- Phone number (to call you back)
- Email address (to contact you if we can’t reach you by phone)
- Delivery Address (to deliver products purchased)
- Company Name (where applicable)
- Billing Address (for billing purposes)
We do not keep any credit card details!
We will also never store any sensitive information disclosed to us. This includes disabilities, political views, ethnicity, sexual preferences, age, or gender.
What we do with the information we collect:
- Improve our website and services
- Share it with internal staff & departments where required for the purposes of processing orders
- Process and ship orders
- Process returns
- Record keeping
We will never sell or share your data with unaffiliated third-parties and we will always try our best to be completely transparent with you on how we might use your data.
We work with a number of third-party software and service suppliers that provide us with facilities to store, process and manage data. These third-parties allow for us to complete marketing tasks like email marketing and automations, and also allow for us to better manage the information submitted to us through our contact forms.
We also use selected third-parties to complete the order process. This includes sharing your name, address and occasionally your phone number with our affiliated shipping providers for the sole purpose of delivering your order.
We are extremely sensitive with the data that we share with these third parties, which ensures that your data is secure and we will never share more than is necessary.
We will keep the information that you provide for up to 24 months or until we no longer deem it necessary to keep. Customers subscribed to our newsletter will have their emails kept on our mailing list for as long as they choose to remain a subscriber. Subscribers can opt-out at any time. We may use the information to improve our products, services and marketing strategies.
- Digital Firefly – Website, data & marketing management
Film & Visual – Website, data & marketing management
Access to analyse all data submitted for the purposes of improving this website and marketing strategies. Both Digital Firefly and Film & Visual will never contact you directly or use your data for any means outside of marketing under the instruction and on the behalf of SLK Mobility.
- Mailchimp – Mailing list
Royal Mail – Delivery of orders
Royal Mail is a third-party postage service that allows us to send out orders for UK mainland delivery. We share with them your name, address and occasionally your phone number for the sole purpose of delivering your order.
- ParcelForce – Delivery of orders
ParcelForce is a third-party courier that allows us to send out bulkier orders for UK mainland delivery. We share with them your name, address and occasionally your phone number for the sole purpose of delivering your order.
Marketing and advertising
We use your personal data (such as email addresses) to market and promote our services. In every single email we send, we include an unsubscribe link so you can opt-out of our email marketing at any time.
We will only send marketing emails to those who have explicitly agreed and consented to joining our mailing list.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that helps us to tailor information and marketing to suit you (based on your browsing history). For detailed information on cookies, and how to manage them, take a look at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Re-marketing – we use these cookies to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited our site, as they browse other websites. We also use these cookies to generate profile information in order to allow us to market to people with similar profiles. Re-marketing services we use include Google and Facebook.
- You can choose to opt-out of receiving our cookies at any time. Please note, that your experience may not be as smooth as some of our functionality depends on them.
Access and accuracy
We are committed to ensuring data we hold is accurate. If you’d like to amend or request to view the data that we hold on you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share the personal data unless and to the extent that:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share that information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our customers, or others.
Changes to our privacy statement
Please note, we may make changes to this privacy statement at any time, and such changes may take immediate effect. Any changes we may make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page.